Keba Adventures Limited is committed to the protection of any personal data we obtain from you whether you make any enquiry to us by telephone or email or if you book and participate in one of the Expedition that we offer.
We invite you to read this Privacy Notice which describes the types of information we collect from you, how it is used by us, how you can manage the information we have about you, and how you can contact us.
The information to which our Privacy Notice applies is “personal data” (which is defined in current data privacy law as information which can identify living people). Where we refer to personal data below, we use the term “personal information”.
The contents of our Privacy Notice may change from time to time. Please check it now and again so that you are sure you are happy to share your personal information with Keba Adventures Limited.
Our Privacy Notice was last updated on 25 May 2018 to align our data protection practices with new data privacy laws in the United Kingdom which came into effect on that date.
Who we are
We are Keba Adventures Limited. We are a company registered in England and Wales. Our registered office address is at The Wharf, Midhurst, West Sussex GU29 9PX, United Kingdom.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information in the following ways:
- if you access our website, we identify your IP address – please see our general website Cookies Policy for more information
- if you are seeking general information about our Expeditions, when you contact us through our website, or make an enquiry by telephone or email to Keba Adventures Limited
- if you make a booking online, on paper (or by telephone, where we provide the facility to do so)
- when you participate in any of our Expeditions
- if you have consented to receiving marketing communications from Keba Adventures Limited or for other things for which we need your consent such as the use of photographs of Expedition participants from which those participants may be identified
What personal information do we collect?
Depending on the method of collection, the personal information we collect might be all or some of the following:
- your name (and title) as the person communicating with us
- your IP address
- the internet browser from which you visited our website
- the pages you visit on our website and how long you viewed them for
- your email address or other contact details such as your telephone numbers
- if you engage with Keba Adventures Limited on behalf of another person (who might be a child over whom you have parental responsibility) who would be the participant in any of our Expeditions, personal information relating to that person
- personal information concerning the health of the Expedition participant and any medical information such as allergies and treatments, or relating to any special diet (for medical or religious reasons) or body size and strength if any of the foregoing are relevant. Keba Adventures Limited will want to obtain your explicit consent to collect and use this kind of personal information)
- any other personal information not listed above that you give to us.
For how long do we keep your personal information?
We need to connect our transactions with all quotations, so we do keep at least some of the personal information for 7 years from the end of each Expedition you book in the event that any dispute arises. We do not however keep personal information in any identifiable format longer than is necessary.
Subject to the initial period you have the right at any time to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information. If you wish to do so, please contact us at info@Keba-adventures.co.uk
How we use personal information we collect
We use personal information and other information we collect only for the purposes of providing information and quotations to our prospective customers and for doing business with our actual customers by providing the Expedition services that they contract with Keba Adventures Limited to obtain.
Using relevant personal information solely for these purposes is in our legitimate interest as a commercial business, provided that we use personal data in a proportionate way that respects your privacy rights as an individual. If you transact with Keba Adventures Limited to book a place on any of our Expeditions, we may collect and use relevant personal information such as contact details and payment information for the purposes of performing the contract or taking steps in order to do so.
If you make any Expedition booking for a child under 13 years of age, in every instance we will ask for your confirmation that you have parental responsibility over the child. If you provide us with such confirmation, we shall seek your consent to allow Keba Adventures Limited to obtain and use your child’s personal information for the purpose of arranging the Expedition in which he/she is a participant. If you make any booking on behalf of another person who is not a child, you will be asked to confirm that you are authorised to act on behalf of that person.
If the Expedition takes place in a country which is outside the European Economic Area (or where the European Union has not made a finding that such country’s data protection laws are adequate), we will also ask for consent to transfer your personal information and that of the Expedition participant as necessary to that country.
Prior to, or during the course of an Expedition, collective photographs or video footage of all participants may be taken. The photographs or videos may be used by Keba Adventures Limited for publicity and training purposes including, but not limited to, brochures, websites and marketing materials. In most cases, individual participants will be identifiable from such photographs or video footage.
The consent of any participant to appear in such photographs or video footage shall be an opt-in entirely at the participant’s discretion and no expectation is made that any consent will be given. Each participant will have the option to consent to appearance in photographs or video footage before such photography or filming takes place.
Keba Adventures Limited takes all appropriate technical and organisational measure to ensure the integrity and security of the personal information it holds.
Sharing your personal information
When an Expedition is booked, we share some of your personal information as well as well as that of the participant with our agents (who may be travel agents or locally-based Expedition facilitators). Keba Adventures Limited has put agreements in place with our agents to ensure that the personal information we give them is held securely and used for the limited purpose of ensuring that the Expedition is delivered as promised taking proper account of any specific needs and the safety of its participants.
We do not share your information with any third parties otherwise so you will not receive marketing and advertising material you do not want.
In the event that Keba Adventures Limited ever becomes subject to a re-organisation such as a merger, an acquisition of assets or a share sale, we may in accordance with our legitimate interests need to share some of your personal information with third parties who have a need to know about specifically for reasons connected with the re-organisation.
We may share or reveal personal information if we are obliged or permitted to do so by law, or if it is required by law enforcement, fraud prevention, credit reference agencies, tax authorities or regulatory bodies.
Exporting your personal information
Keba Adventures Limited will need to transfer personal information to its facilitators and representatives in other countries. We have explained that in some circumstances we may need your consent for this to happen. We ensure that agreements are in place with such people and organisations that are designed to limit the uses they can make of the personal information they receive and ensure that it is held securely.
We do not ourselves hold any personal information on servers that are outside the European Union.
Managing personal information
You have the right as an individual to manage the personal information we hold about you and make amendments if this is necessary. You are also able to withdraw any consent you might have given us to receive marketing communications, such as newsletters or general information about our products and services, from Keba Adventures Limited. You may also object to Keba Adventures Limited using your personal information even if we rely on our legitimate interests to make use of it.
You have several rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law. In relation to most of these, if you exercise them we may ask for information from you to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help us find your personal information. We will respond to you within thirty days after we have received a valid request, by which we mean a request that is backed up with any identification documents that we have requested.
- You have the following rights:
- to request a copy or summary of the personal information that we hold about you and to receive it from us within 30 days
- to correct and update your personal information
- to withdraw your consent (where we rely on it) from receiving any further communications from us which are not necessary (we have no legitimate interest in sending you newsletters and other marketing communications unless you consent to receive them) or in respect of other matters for which your consent has already been given (such as participant photographs)
- to object to certain kinds of processing of your personal information such as automated processing and profiling
- to erase your personal information or restrict its use
- to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as the relevant United Kingdom supervisory authority regulating data privacy matters.
You can exercise your rights and manage your information by contacting us at:
Keba Adventures Limited, The Wharf, Midhurst, West Sussex, GU29 9PX.
Telephone number: 01730 812742
Issues and complaints
If you have an issue regarding how we handle personal information, please do not hesitate to contact Keba Adventures Limited first. We will do everything we can to try to resolve your issue. If however you need to make a complaint, the contact details of the ICO are as follows:
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
Telephone number: 0303 123 1113
You can also log your complaint or raise an issue on the website of the Information Commissioner’s Office.